Sign in to follow this  
Chris Boonzaier

A Special Bayonet (To me anyway.....)

I was looking for the perfect bayonet to compliment my Leib Regiment Blue Tunic. In some pre WW1 pics I saw reservists or soldiers who chose to wear the 71/84 bayonets with their Tunics while off duty.... and I was very happy to find a beautiful Private purchase with dark wood handels (I saw another one by the same company with beautiful Dark Walnut... I think they sold to order according to the taste of the reservist. The most interesting thing to me was the unit stamp on an obvious private piece... of course it is pure suposition.. but I think maybe the reservist had his old weapon number added... I do not really see a collector doing this to a private piece which does not even have a functioning press stud.... here the private piece with an issue Leib Regiment one (Unfortunately not the mathing sheath....)7184aa.thumb.jpg.bf5acee3b4ea3dcd47d9a02403186b56.jpg7184ac.thumb.jpg.2b3c6ebc49f74963531a37096a504a7b.jpgck1.jpg.ae52b6fcca6076a56250e324ff80ec6e.jpgck2.jpg.c635009ca0aed2e577887f0c05e8cfa1.jpg

a great score.