News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

The new Thai king

Megan

There have been some fine images of the new Thai king wearing uniform and medals during his coronation. This one, courtesy of the BBC, is exceptionally fine._106599845_e9469651-ce86-4282-a381-0840f

Collar and sash are the Order of the Royal House of Chakri.

Medals are Order of Chula Chom Klao, Bravery Medal, Freeman Safeguarding Medal, Border Service Medal, Long Service Medal, King Bhumibol Adulyade's Royal Cypher Medal & something at the end I cannot quite make out. Nice view of Thai parachute wings for the badge enthusiasts, too!

• 3 weeks later...

The long service medal the king have are the Chakra Mala Medal - Medal for Long Service and Good Conduct (Military and Police).

The last medal are the King Rama IX Rajaruchi Medal (Gold Class).

The king also have the Red Cross Medal of Appreciation (First Class). But i have never seen him wear it. The medals from the Thai red cross are ranked last in the Thai ODM, Orders Decoration och Medal, system and are given out by the Queen Sirkit.