The Kaiser and von Mackensen were two oft-photographed big shots who wore aiguillettes with their uniforms, to commemorate their appointments as Aides de Camp to Kaiser Willy I, etc.. The plaiting of these aiguillettes is very like the British senior officer aiguillettes, a herringbone style and with a central row of plaits.  I cannot braid so I have no idea what this style is called.  The cords, from my observation, seem to be gimp and Orris. Does anyone know the rules for these particular