News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Nevsky and Patriotic War orders : original or fake?

Good evening Gentlemen,

I have recently seen these orders for sale on a famous online shopping site.

They both look OK … but everyone knows that the devil is hiding in the details.

Are they original, or not ?

If not, why?

J-SK

URSS Nevsky + Guerre patriotique.jpg

URSS Nevsky + Guerre patriotique Back.jpg

Need much better photos to give a sensible opinion. From what I can see no obvious alarm bells but the fakes are of very good quality. These days, especially with upper end Soviet it is assumed to be fake unless proved otherwise

Paul

5 minutes ago, paul wood said:

Documents can be faked without an ultra violet light it  is impossible to tell whether or not an alteration has been made.

Yes.  And first thing I'd do is check the name on the doc with the entry in Podvignaroda.  If that doesn't match then I'd be mostly sure of some skullduggery going on.

Also, it depends on the seller.  Some are a lot better than others.

The Nevsky is no good. For the OPW – get a straight-on picture of the reverse and a detailed photo of the serial number to be sure that it has not been altered. It should be fine but it's hard to be too careful, especially when other elements of the set are dubious. Speaking of which, the document shows signs of tampering.

… Plus the fact that the seller (pseudonym KORSHUN on eBay) did not even bother answering me when I questioned him about all that ! 

Does anyone know him ? Should this guy be put on the buyers' black list ?