News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Polish Partisan Cross (real?)

I think it is a genuine piece but is there any way to know if it was awarded? I've read that there are a lot of unawarded pieces but I think it's not the case with this one.

It is currently for sale at a local pawn shop. I'm guessing it could have been awarded to one of the Yugoslav Partisans since I'm from that area.

Any help will be appreciated!

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

Bit difficult to see exact details from your photos, but to me it looks like a genuine Type 1 (Grabski). Size should be 38.5mm and the "eye" for the ribbon-ring is circular with a hole drilled through (and soldered on). Only 20.750 of this type were awarded and it's the most expensive type.

The one you depict is in a bad shape with a lot of scratches, so I guess price would be around 50-60 usd. But that's me guessing.

Best regards Aahauge

• 3 weeks later...