News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Unknown Croatian Medal - dtd 1888

Hello,

Can someone please help me identify this medal?  I suspect that it’s from Croatia and that it commemorates an anniversary, wedding or state visit by a king & queen or some other royalty.  

Thanks!

John  

Unkn Croat Medal 3.jpg

Unkn Croat Medal 1.jpg

Unkn Corat Medal 2.jpg

Its Croatian, conmemorative of a visit of the Crown Prince and the Crown Princess, to the city of Sisak ,Sisku in June of 1888 .the Royal couple portrayed is that of Rudolf of Habsburg and Stephanie. 

John , Its a curious medal . It reads Cisarevich , and Cisarievna, that is Zarevich and Zarievna, Crown Prince and Crown Princess , but not their names, The efigies of both saids that

Bayern,

That is interesting.  Maybe it was a given that people would know who the crown prince and princess were by their effigies? Sorry about Argentina's loss to Mali in the U20 World Cup yesterday...it was a good match. 

• 4 years later...
    6 hours ago, goran devic said:

Dear John

I medal is from my hometown Sisak and my 87 old father will be happy if I buy it for his collection!

all best

goran devic

gorandevic01@gmail.com

Hi Goran I wish you luck That could be nice present for your father