toot

original equipment

FILM, ALL QUIET ON THE WESTERN FRONT- the first one with LEW AIRES ,I be leave. was original equipment used in the film. ?

any body read my post?

Almost certainly.  In 1930, when the film was made, WWI equipment would have been dirt cheap, probably even in use by various militia / territorial / colonial forces around the world.  Making it would be pointless.  I do WWI living history and all our weapons are originals, a few guys have original webbing/belts and until not too long ago even some of the uniforms were originals.  Now, everything except the rifles is being reproduced, but that's a very recent thing - last two decades tops.  

Hello toot, may i ask why are you interested in the equipments used in the 1930 film '?

Bayern, curiosity, that is all. I have liked WW 1 movies and as such an a early date would prop houses have had to make up the thousands of costumes to have in the movie? thinking that the war was only over 12 years be-4 it was made.every thing was spot on!!  just that every thing looked so authentic. and it was.also I collect GERMAN items from the first world war.common soldiers gear. hope this answers your question?

peter monahan, thanks for the come back to my query.