News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Prussian EM 1914 pickelhaube named

A recent trade ! I thought it was a neat helmet needs proper cockades and a chin strap ! I ordered  repro cockades and chinstrap until I can find originals that won't break the bank . 

BAX 1914 on rear visor and name Erdnienger in ink and other writing under that has been lost ! 

a bit brittle liner but all in all a nice helmet that's named to the soldier ! 

someone painted cockades and messed them all up ! the green one was painted black as Prussian one I cleaned it with mineral spirits but the white is still coated with repainted  white enamel did not want to go to crazy and ruin it  ! what state is this ? I don't think its correct for this helmet ?

BAX 1914 I think is Prussian Hannover depot mark ? 

not sure why pics are sideways ?

IMG_2652.JPG

IMG_2655.JPG

IMG_2656.JPG

IMG_2658.JPG

IMG_2661.JPG

10 minutes ago, The Prussian said:

Hello!

You´re right. BA X is Tenth army corps (Hannover). The green cockade is wrong, that´s a saxon one.

Are you sure with the name? I´ve never heard a german name like that

It could be Erdhienger  ? But I believe the n is the letter ! It’s very hard to read ! But 99% sure of Erd?ienger . It’s an n or h ?

It’s Erdnienger . Just looked at it again in nature light . More writing under name but visor is dark with age.

On 07/06/2019 at 10:32, The Prussian said:

Any cypher could help, because it must be an unit from X.AK

I think right under last name is rank and 1st name  ? Last letter is W .

i believe under that is a 91

• 1 month later...