Posted (edited)

Dear Gentlemen,

I did not know it was possible to squize so many ribbons on a single bar :jumping: I haven't had any time to post this one until now. Any thoughts on this massive, 24 place, Godet Prussian bar?

Best regards,

Peter

98A.jpg

98B.jpg

Edited by drspeck

Impressive 

Ah. You were the guy outbidding me at Zeige :-)

Nice bar, for sure!

greetings

Daniel 

Posted (edited)

One Word only: WOW!

Edited by seeheld

Wow! 😱👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

That‘s quite a ribbon bar... it looks like a Godet, with mini ribbons of 1 cm of width.

When I look at this bar with the Prussian cross for war merit at the second place and all these orders I was thinking of Ludendorff...🤔

Great ribbon bar indeed!!!👏

regards,

C

I see a red flag, a KO4x without any service in China or SWA and no long service ribbon.

15 minutes ago, Paul C said:

I see a red flag, a KO4x without any service in China or SWA and no long service ribbon.

Looks like a Friedrichsorden to me and Sixth ribbon from the right looks like Long Service.

Edited by Nicolas7507

I agree with Nicolas, the blue ribbon is a Friedrichsorden with swords. A KO4x would need the ribbon of the Iron Cross. I also agree that the sixt ribbon from the right, squeezed in between the Bavarian Order of St. Michael and the Centenary-medal, is a Long Service award. I had the same idea as Claudio, this could very well be a ribbonbar which belonged to Ludendorff.

Kind regards, Laurentius

Not Ludendorff. Awards do not fit. 🙂

a simple look in the 1914 ranklist would show that Ludendorff had other peacetime awards, shown at the end of this bar.

Is it not possible perhaps, that he chose only to wear his German pre-war awards? All of his peacetime awards are German, whilst I can imagine that an up-and-coming colonel as himself, often praised for his work gathered quite an amount of awards. Maybe he had to make some tough calls and left several awards of his ribbonbar. Highly decorated men like Ludendorff always had to watch out not to wear ribbonbars which are too long, like Ludwig Beck in this picture.

1461551829_download(3).jpeg.3d79f3f72ebcf6b962ca60341bbf6c64.jpeg

Kind regards, Laurentius

Edited by laurentius

Right, plenty of guys did not wear everything.

Our guy here did not even wear all his german peacetime stuff.

But, sorry again. It is not Ludendorff.

Ludendorff never got a bavarian wartime military merit order, he did get 2 classes of the max joseph in ww1.

He did as well get 2 classes of the higher ranking austrian leopold which are not shown here. Why to wear a lower iron crown but not the "better" leopold?

Greetings 

Daniel

10 minutes ago, Daniel Krause said:

Why to wear a lower iron crown but not the "better" leopold?

Maybe he liked the eagle better, seems to be a recurring theme in Germany in those days🤣

Is that the Hanseatic trio just before the Hindenburg cross? If so, there was a list on this forum somewhere - it might help to identify the owner ?

Dear all. Thanks for all the comments and feedback so far :cheers: Any other ideas, options?

Thanks. Peter.