Sign in to follow this  
heusy68

TONGA POLICE MEDAL

Posted (edited)

Hello Gentlemen,

On 15 May 2019, the Kingdom of Tonga, had instituted 3 new Medals for the Police, respectively a LSGC Medal, a MSM Meritorious Service Medal, and an Oversea's Service Medal.

On a ceremony held on Friday 7 June on Police College Parade Ground, King Tupou VI had awarded 248 Medals ( 110 LSGC, 114 Oversea's Service, 10 MSM ). The source, that I will later post, states that 5 Police Officers were distinguished with a Commissioner's Gold Merit Award, recognizing their acts of Bravery (sadly no photo of this last one) + 9 Commissioner's Silver & Bronze Merit Award).

The digitalized pictures of the medals show the reverse pin of ELM Singapore as manufacturer.

You can click on the pdf file with the legislation concerning these 3 awards.

Regards to all.

Emmanuel

Tonga Police LSGC Medal 2019.png

Tonga Police MSM Medal 2019.png

Tonga Police For Overseas Service Medal 2019.png

Tonga 7 June 2019 Presentation of the Police LSGC Medal.png

Tonga Police Medal for LSGC.jpg

Tonga Police Service Medals Medal Regulations 2019 1.pdf

Edited by heusy68

Here is the source concerning the Tonga Police Medal, presentation ceremony held on Friday 7 June 2019.

Emmanuel

Tonga Article about 7 June 2019 First Ever Presentation of Police LSGC Medal.png

The case of issue of the different medals, shortly prior to being presented.

Emmanuel

Tonga Police Medal Awarded Table 7 June 2019.jpg

Tonga Police LSGC Medal Case of Issue.jpg

Tonga Commissionner of Police Stephen Caldwell did also receives a medal. It seems, his medal doesn't has the straight bar suspension of the LSGC Medal, so I assume he was awarded the Police MSM.

Emmanuel

Tonga Police Commissioner Stephen Caldwell with his medal on 7 June 2019.jpg

It seems that some Police Overseas Service Medals were also awarded (for service in the Solomon Islands).

It is reported that some awards were posthumous, and presented to heirs.

Emmanuel

Tonga Police Service Medal.jpg

Posted (edited)

Despite not being a Tonga Award, I feel, that readers and members would found interesting to see here a photo of the Solomon Islands : Royal Solomon Islands Police Force International Law Enforcement Cooperation Medal, that has been awarded to Tongan Police Officer ( watch post above, 9th line of the text, I will repost a screen capture); (on the photo the medal is shown on the chest of a Papua New Guinea Police Officer, but it's the onliest photographic evidence I got).

If ever a member of this forum (Ilja ?), might get a photo of a Tonga Police Officer, wearing this medal from Solomon Islands, he's most welcome to post it here.

Regards.

Emmanuel

Solomon Isl Royal Solomon  Islands Police Force International Law Enforcement Cooperation Medal.jpg

Solomon Isl Royal Solomon Islands Police Force International Law Enforcement Cooperation Medal on a PNG Officer.jpg

Capture d’écran 2019-06-15 à 16.33.39.png

Edited by heusy68