Sign in to follow this  
medalworld

Bullion cap badge inquiry

Hello All,

Kindly have a look at the front and back photos of a presumed cap insignia nicely made in bullion thread, about which I have had no luck in identifying. I naturally thought the "R" stood for reserve. My old Rosignoli book on WW 2 badges and insignia does not mention it. Dimensions are: height 2 15/16" and width 3 9/16". I'm sure someone here will know what it is and when it was used. Thanks for looking.

Frank D.

GB cap insignia officer.jpg

GB cap insignia officer rev.jpg

Hello, Strange one, appears as a Royal Navy officers cap badge, but It lacks the anchor into the oval . Officers of the RNVR and the RNR both weared the anchor , and surmounted with the letters RNR or RNVR , 

15 hours ago, Bayern said:

Hello, Strange one, appears as a Royal Navy officers cap badge, but It lacks the anchor into the oval . Officers of the RNVR and the RNR both weared the anchor , and surmounted with the letters RNR or RNVR , 

I wonder it may be a "fashion" item? 

Dave. 

Edited by Dave Wilkinson

Hello,  very well made to be a fashion item ,and the Royal Crown was not a trivial symbol .

Unfortunately, the use of the Royal Crown, has in recent years, been portrayed increasingly on "fashion" items and its use in that respect is not unusual.

Dave.