Posted (edited)

Hi all, I recently obtained this CDV, any chance the regiment can be identified? The cockade looks to me to be Wurttemburg

regards

Alex K

scan3 001 copy.JPG

Edited by Alex K

Hello , Certainly Wurttemberg , but Infantry? the  cuff pattern says that ,but althoug the photo is in black and white neither the collar or the cap band also the cuffs appears to be red . appears as if all is blue in colour and piped in light blue .including the SBs . This means Militarkrankenwarter . and what a such name means ? Literally  military Sicken guard. they carry the number of the army corps on the SBs and they were not medical personnel 

Hi thanks for the response, I will look in that direction, interesting

Regards

Alex k

Hello Alex K , On the photo appears the nme of the Photographer and those of two cities ,one Stuttgart,the other Bad Teinach ,the latter is a city in the Black Forest , a Thermal Resort. Spa .well , its possible that in Bad Teinach existed a military sanatorium or clinic

Hi, thanks for the additional information, never thought about the black forest connection, it actually makes sense when you think about it, regards