News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

WW1 Trio to Manchester Regiment

Here is a WW1 trio I picked up to the Manchester Regiment.  He was wounded possibly at Gallipoli and also received the Silver Wound Badge, unfortunately this was not included and so the SWB is not the correct one but a replacement I picked up

20190628_112704.jpg

Medal Index Card.JPG

Edmund Culshaw (28-May-1895 - 1970)

From Lancashire, Atherton, 202a Elliott Street, Tyldesley. 1911 Census shows living with his parents, occupation butcher.

Enlisted 9th March 1914. Discharged 10th April 1917. Served first in the 1/5th Battalion, Manchester regiment.

Wounded in Gallipoli. Listed in 06 September 1915 - Manchester Evening News (I am missing FMP access at the moment but his number and name comes up). So, wounded probably around 2-3 weeks before the publication.

He had a second service number as well - 200297.

Died in Liverpool 1970.

1/5th Battalion
    August 1914 : in Bank Chambers, Wigan. Part of Manchester Brigade, East Lancashire Division. Moved to near Rochdale.
    25 September 1914 : landed at Alexandria in Egypt.
    6 May 1915 : landed on Gallipoli.
    26 May 1915 : formation became 127th Brigade, 42nd (East Lancashire) Division.
    28 December 1915 : evacuated from Gallipoli, landed on Mudros and proceeded to Egypt.
    2March 1917 : landed Marseilles and proceeded to the Western Front.

and also picture of his parents...

Small 1.jpg

Small 2.jpg

Small 3.jpg

parents.jpg