Grand Collar of the Order of Lakandula

bilylev

• 10 months later...

Hello Gentlemen,

Hello Jan,

I have found these 2 photo of a Grand Collar of the Order of Lankandula on the net. 

I have never seen one with my eyes. This Order is very hard to get (even for those who have been many times to Manila).

Regards.

Emmanuel

Philippines Order of Lakandula Collar 1.jpg

Philippines Order of Lakandula Collar 2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Order of Lakandula, Rank: Champion for Life (2006-2010)

#Medals that tell our History

After the Philippine Republic was established in 1946, the government instituted State Decorations for citizens who have shown exemplary merit worthy of being honored. In the order of precedence, the Quezon Service Cross (1946) is considered the highest State Decoration followed by 2 "senior" decorations, the Phil. Legion of Honor (est. 1947 for defense merit) and the Order of Sikatuna (est. 1953 for diplomatic merit).
      In 2003, a third Senior decoration was established, the Order of Lakandula .This decoration was divided into 6 ranks and was established for civil and political merit.
      In 2006, a 7th rank was established called "Champion for Life". It is conferred for "outstanding achievement in international sport and similar fields of competition and achievement. These achievement should foster national pride and serve as an inspiration to others to achieve excellence."
      The first recipient of the decoration was boxing icon Manny Pacquiao in 2006. Other notable recipients were 
6- time bowling world champion Paeng Nepomuceno and my personal favorite, the world's greatest pool master, Efren "Bata" Reyes.
      Only 10 of these decoration were ever struck and conferred. It was last awarded in 2010. I was fortunate enough to acquire one with the consent of the owner - a world class athlete who won a world championhip. I'd rather not mention the sport as it will give away the name of the owner who prefers NOT to be identified for obvious reasons.
      The Order of Lakandula, Champion for Life is a unique decoration. It is not just an ordinary medal or a breast star. It is in fact a COLLAR- a small version of a grand collar made of sterling silver with an impressive medallion of pre-hispanic/Muslim design exquisitely crafted at the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas, the official manufacturer of our country's State decorations.
      The Collar came with an elegant Presidential presentation box made by a firm from Lanao del Norte commissioned by the BSP to house these prestigious decorations.
      I plan to donate this Order of Lakandula, Champion for Life plus an elegant trophy won by the world champion athlete to a worthy national sports museum for generations of Filipinos to admire and emulate.

IMG_1053.JPG

IMG_1054.JPG

IMG_1055.JPG

IMG_1056.JPG

IMG_1057.JPG

IMG_1058.JPG

IMG_1059.JPG

Snowpie,  What a rare and wonderful award.  Thank you for displaying this precious item!  And, yes, the Magician, Bata, is a great person and phenomenal, astounding pool wizard.  Seeing him in action delights and mystifies anyone fortunate enough to observe!!