News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Here is a bar that I really have taken a liking to. I think it is the purest Red Cross bar I have seen. Japan, Spain and Portugal are a nice touch!

Anyone recognize the mounting style? 

I wonder if the last two were given in relation to the Spanish civil war? Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

B7C6388A-3D1E-49DE-96D7-42FFFB0D34F2.jpeg

7C2EFD13-9A9B-4D11-93FB-ADA60C66A9E1.jpeg

Hi,

The mounting style looks very Swedish, mounted like the German style, but with that exactly same type of metallic pin and catch and no fabric covering the reverse. That would explain the missing Ehrenkreuz for non combatants. Strange is that there isn’t a single Swedish order or medal on this bar. It could also be that this was the second bar showing only the foreign awards.

cheers

Claudio

PS: see my thread of 2009 Thread

9 minutes ago, Great Dane said:

Beautiful bar!

I know a non-German could receive the 3 first medals on there, but could a foreigner also receive the 4th (its name eludes me...)?

the 4th medal it’s just an unofficial Weimar era award Deutsche Ehrendenkmünze des Weltkrieges , very likely it was also awarded to foreigners who volunteered as medics or Red Cross officials on the side of the Germans.