Sign in to follow this  
CRBeery

A small grouping.

I brought this into my collection recently. It seems they had a bit of a hard life as all of the pieces show considerable wear. I just could not pass on the chain!

3CCB4112-A5D1-4F77-A262-8BBA16523ADD.jpeg

B4B5F206-AC74-4357-B865-804FBA33DCC6.jpeg

I like this grouping. There are 2 miniatures on the chain I don't recognize.  The Maltese cross with black enameling and the silver cross next to the Hindy.  Does anybody know what these two medals are?  I would also like to know if the Baltic cross has a makers mark on it.  Thanks... 

Black enamel cross likely German Knight's Cross aka Randow Cross;  silver  cross probably a Russian exile St. George cross if centre is knight slaying dragon.

Edited by 922F
spelck

Thanks very much for the info about the two medals, 922F!  This would make this grouping very special, indeed.  

On 01/11/2019 at 09:08, 922F said:

Black enamel cross likely German Knight's Cross aka Randow Cross;  silver  cross probably a Russian exile St. George cross if centre is knight slaying dragon.

Possibly a Randow Cross. But, my guess is that the black Maltese Cross is the Avaloff Cross of the Russian West Army given that there is also a German styled Russian Order of St. George IV cl. and a Baltic Cross. This is a common grouping for Freikorps in the Baltic who stayed on to serve with Prince Bermondt-Avaloff. This chain might be Godet as the Order of St. George IV is in the style made by Godet which had grained arms and was modeled after the Prussian Red Eagle Order IV cl.

Edited by bolewts58

Thanks! I didn’t realize this thread had life.

The Baltic Cross is not marked but it is a two part constructed piece.