News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Help needed

bilylev

Hello, somebody is offering me this order . Because I know many fakes exist, I would like to hear your opinion about this piece. What should be the fair price for the original?

Regrads

Jan

IMG-20190812-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20190812-WA0001.jpg

Any idea on the manufacturing date/year of the medal?

To my very untrained eye the medal seems to be in pristine condition for a medal that's, for argument's sake, 20-30 years old.

But it's better if the more knowledgeable members voice their opinion...I might be completely wrong and in that case will gladly accept being corrected.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

It looks fine to me.... on my phone.1945 type.

Definitely  an unawarded bank escapee from back in the day.  I think 400 produced and highest known is 398 so this one is about as high as you can get..

Take a look at this long thread for more info.

https://gmic.co.uk/topic/4240-order-of-the-red-combat-banner/

Price? Who knows these days. Haven’t seen one for sale in years other than on collectrussia which has #60 for sale for a little under 2k.

If I were in the market for one and had to have one. Maybe $1200-1350 for this serial number. Honestly, I don’t think it’s worth more than $800-900.

I am speculating and basing this on what I’d be willing to part with if I had to have it.

Hope this helps

jan

Edited by fjcp

• 2 years later...

The story ended. The bargaining took a little longer than I expected but today I have it at USD 1 000,-. I beleive it is a fair price . Definately it is a last piece to my small collection of Mongolian ODM. Prices are horrible now.