News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Bavarian Ludwig Stauder serving in the Dutch East Indies Army?

Dear Andreas,

I do not have enough experience with Dutch medals (despite being Dutch), so I don't know if this man's career has been written down anywhere. That being said, there have been dozens of Germans serving in the Dutch East-Indies both before and after WW1. I have seen several pictures and medalbars, plus atleast one frackspange of German veterans. I think one of the Dutch collectors here has a frackspange with an EK2 and Military Order of William :whistle:

Kind regards, Laurentius

dedehansen, you are correct. He indeed wears both Dutch medals. In the Dutch archives in The Hague there must be a file on him.

He served at least for six years in the Dutch Indies to receive the Bronze Long service medal. Normally it was awarded after 12 years, but in the tropics the years counted double.

He is wearing the medals in the wrong order by the way.

Regards

Herman 

• 4 weeks later...