News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Weird Bavaria: The St. George Jubilee Medal, 1889

I have to agree with CCJ.

I've never understood why anyone would spend any money (above 30 bucks) on a reproduction/museum copy or whatever euphemisms are out there. But now I understand that if you want to create a specific medal bar and a medal is extremely rare you would. Although I do really believe that if something is worth the price to you it is worth it.... 

• 2 weeks later...
    • 2 months later...
    • 2 years later...
    • 7 months later...
    On 19/08/2019 at 01:04, filfoster said:

Vernon's Collector's Guide lists this medal under the category of "Military and House Order of St. George" and shows it being awarded in both gold and silver.

The medals were only awarded in gold. However, gold-plated silver medals 
    could be obtained privately.

Many greetings, Walter

https://www.omsa.org/bayern-st-georgs-medaille-des-haus-ritterordens-vom-heiligen-georg/

8 hours ago, waldo said:
    The medals were only awarded in gold. However, gold-plated silver medals 
    could be obtained privately.

Many greetings, Walter

https://www.omsa.org/bayern-st-georgs-medaille-des-haus-ritterordens-vom-heiligen-georg/

Walter: I have found two copies of this medal during the past several years. I would like to get another one. Please let me know if you ever find one for sale. Thanks, Phil

• 3 months later...
    • 2 weeks later...
    20 hours ago, waldo said:
    That will be difficult. I don't know anyone who wants to sell an original 
    at the moment. Maybe you can post pictures of your copies here?

VG Walter

Waldo: I am sorry; You misunderstand. I do not want an original!  I only want another copy. I hope you or someone can help me find another COPY of this medal. I know they are out there since I have bought two. 

Also, photo of one of my copies is shown on the medal bar I made, below:

357524000_IMG_20230106_180700133_HDR2.jpg.c6b81776a84a09b700c059d5127e5c44.jpg

Edited by filfoster
    /Users/philfoster/Desktop/357524000_IMG_20230106_180700133_HDR2.jpg.c6b81776a84a09b700c059d5127e5c44.jpg

• 3 months later...
    • 1 month later...

Waldo: Vielen Danke. I think this is just a bit too expensive. I'd go 150 Euros but there is no 'best offer' for it yet. I am watching it. Thank you for letting me know. I appreciate it. 

Walter: That is a good suggestion that I didn't follow. After thinking on it and seeing a real one listed for 10x that price, I just bought it. Please accept my thanks again for helping to find it! Be well my friend!

• 4 weeks later...