Sign in to follow this  
bigjarofwasps

Malta Police Medals identification...

Posted (edited)

Ladies & Gents, 

Saw this picture yesterday in the Malta Police Museum in Valletta, thought it might be of interest? 

I believe this chap is wearing the Egypt Medal & Khedive’s Star? 

Assume he must have either had previous service in the British army or navy and then settled in Malta When he was discharged? Or perhaps he was Maltese? 

His collar number appears to be 387 and he is also wearing RHS medal perhaps? Wonder with this information is it possible to identify who he is? 

97F5199A-A054-4654-853F-97C17D0B3DFC.jpeg

Edited by bigjarofwasps

I agree with your identification of the medals. I suspect the RHS is bronze. Might be worth looking at the LSARS roll of bronze awards to see if any Malta police received one around 1890s 1900s. I suspect a few were awarded for fishing drunks out of Valetta harbour.

Paul

47 minutes ago, paul wood said:

I agree with your identification of the medals. I suspect the RHS is bronze. Might be worth looking at the LSARS roll of bronze awards to see if any Malta police received one around 1890s 1900s. I suspect a few were awarded for fishing drunks out of Valetta harbour.

Paul

😆😆😆 you might well be onto something there Paul. 

Wonder whether his medals still exist?