Hi,

just sharing this 10 place German officers ribbon bar from 1934 with predominantly Imperial German Awards.

I personally don’t see any red flags with the bar, but opinions welcome and any info regarding bearer and military story / service history welcomed. 

F7FDDEE3-DF4D-4AFC-A40C-A0735DE44D1D.jpeg

71A84567-3BE0-46D5-8B3B-03CF3452BA24.jpeg

E0BC079E-43B6-45D2-80F3-5CC074F9E496.jpeg

919A097E-6745-421E-AE30-2CAFEFF4E6FB.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Hi Alan,

a bit late reply, but I hope, better than nothing 🙂

My best guess:

Either General Staff Major Ernst Buchrucker, 1878-1966, in 1914 Capt in IR99, in WW1 General staffer, retired after WW1 as Major.

Or Richard Josupeit, as well an i.G. type. in 1914 1st Lt in IR 30, in WW1 in Heeresgruppe Kiew, reitred as Major after WW1.

The combo of Crown 4 with Hohenzollern, Baden, Bayern and Württemberg is quite common, but in combination with the other known rolls, I can rule out plenty of other guys, so that only Buchrucker or Josupeit come close.

Not sure if Josupeit had enough countable service time to receive the XXV years cross after WW1, thats why I would bet on Mr. Buchrucker.

Best,

Daniel

Hans Richard Ferdinand Josupeit was born on 25 July 1883 in Königsberg i.Pr. and died on 27 October 1953 in Köln-Lindenthal.  He was commissioned a Leutnant in Pionier-Bataillon Nr. 1 on 14.8.1902 with a Patent of 19.8.1901. He served in IR 30 from 1905-1914 and then on the General Staff. He is in the 1919 Berlin address book as a Hauptmann i.G. on the Großer Generalstab, while the 1920 IR 30 Mitgliederverzeichnis lists him as reportedly in Argentina. In the 1936 Mitgliederverzeichnis, he is listed as a Direktor of the Straßenbahn A.-G. living in Berlin-Wilmersdorf. The 1943 Berlin address book (the last on published under the Third Reich) lists him as a Direktor in Berlin-Zehlendorf. He is also in several post-World War II Berlin telephone books.

If he entered service in 1901 and left in 1919/1920, he would have had 18-19 years of service. It does not appear that double-counting of the war years 1914-18 would have gotten him to 25 years of service, so I would agree with Daniel.

• 1 month later...