News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Newport Borough Police

Hi Gents...

I have these badges and a button that I'm letting go but wanted to know a little more of the rarity of such. Can anyone... Dave? Ross Mather?? shine any light on the force size etc. What sort of interest should a badge like this fetch?

Newport Borough Police.jpg

Hi Lawrence,

Newport had 260 men when it amalgamated in 1967. So, I suspect they would probably have had half that number during the period the badges were worn. The wreath badge was used on both helmet & cap. The smaller wreath is an epaulette badge. Welsh police badges usually command some good interest. I don't think you will have any difficulty in finding a new owner.

Hope you and the family are well.

Dave.

Hello Dave,

Thank you for that interesting and valuable info, the badge will go on ebay at the next £1 end of sale fees offer. Interestingly the larger badge is identical in size and shape to one of my Isle of Ely badges I wonder if the manufactures had a mould that many badges were made from with adjustments to centre coat of arms and the text around wreath.