wow ! Great pictures :beer:

I have many pictures of tauchretter training , can someone tell me how to post pictures on this site ?

Best Regards,

Joe

Hi Joe,

If you reply on a message you can attach a picture, use "browse" at File Attachments to look for the picture on your computer. You have to shrink the picture to a small size about 60 kB.

One at the time.

I use the program "paint" to shrink my pictures but I have the version from the Netherlands so it's hard to explain how to do that.

Maybe somebody else can help.

Good luck,

Floris

<!--quoteo(post=77123:date=May 4 2006, 09:26 :name=Hinrik)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hinrik @ May 4 2006, 09:26 ) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Interesting photos.

Looks like 3 different type of colors in picture 4.

Regards

Hinrik

<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Hello Henrik,

It does look like 3 very different colors but I think the man on the right is standing under a waterproof light which is reflecting off of the yellow canvas tauchretter vest .

It is very hard to determine the exact shade of color as these vests used for training were worn by many , many men and worn and faded from constant submerging in water etc. Most tauchretters never left there storeage bag and went to the bottom with their owners or if they were used it was used only once to escape from the sinking/sunk u-boat !

I have both the brown and yellow colored canvas tauchretters and they all seem to be different shades . The brown color can vary between a chocolate brown ( found mostly on Auer made tauchretters ) to a brownish purple/rust color , a strange brown color for want of a better color description ! ( I have found this on many Dräger made tauchretters ) .

Like most items made by Germany during WWII there are many variations due to war time demands and supplyers .

• 4 months later...

Monsun,

Do you have any wartimne photos that show the word "Tauchretter" on the front? I have a nice tauchretter in my collection, but there seams to be a question if its post war due to the style of "a" in the letter writing. Here is a photo of mine:

Micheal, still waiting to hear from you.

Henrik ,

Can you please post more pictures of your tauchretter ? Are there any KM markings onthis vest ? There should be some KM stampings on the lower portion by the crotch strap buckle area .

Best Regards,

Joe

• 4 weeks later...

Here's my tauchretter,

Mine's also not complete, i miss the mouthpiece... and there are some holes in it.

hello

wen you have the rubber i have stil 2 mouthpieces

wen you give a good price mayby i sel ohn

regards

gunther

dat engels is niet makkelyk voor my :speechless:

ik heb nog 2 metalen mondstukken het metalen deel dat je in de mond steekt en aan de zykant moet je de lucht open en toezetten

groetjes

Here's my tauchretter,

Mine's also not complete, i miss the mouthpiece... and there are some holes in it.

the gumy you can use from a belgium gasmask

but you neet the screw for the tauchretter

ok the gummy is not original

but its better than nothing

belgium gasmask gummy i have also at home

so mouthpiece and gumy i have

regards

prien

• 3 years later...

2nd last pic is a sun room... when the U-Boot crews came back they used it to (I assume) get their vitamin D levels up...

Hello !

Thank You your sharing your pictures with us ! I love tauchretter's and tauchretter pictures !

I have seen the last two pictures before , The 2nd to last picture was taken in a " sun room " a room with UV lamps and high wattage light bulbs for returning u-boat crewmen . I saw this in one of my u-boat books , not certain right now of the title ?

The very last picture I have been trying to locate for many years now ! This exact picture was on a PK picture card , I have some others in the same series . I tried to win this on ebay , but someone really wanted to throw away a lot more hard earned money than I did :-)

Best Regards ,

Joe

Hi Joe,

the wifes Grandfather was there when the pics were taken. On a couple he has some remarks written on the back. I will dig them out and post then for you.

Best

Chris

Hello ,

I would love to see more pictures and the back side of them also !

The last picture shown was not taken in a sun room but at the tauchkopf or the top of the dive tank . The light above the tank is a parabolic heat lamp for the water . As best as I know this was the only heat source for the water .

Best Regards ,

Joe

It sure looks like a tanning booth, they are lying on beds with sheets and everything. I also doubt so small lamps in these height would effect the heat of the water much. It would be great if someone could provide more info on this.

Best Regards

Edited by relichelmet
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hello ,

I love these kleintauchretter  diving suits , I really must have one for my tauchretter collection !

besides the Kriegsmarine these suits were worn by civilian fire rescue five teams etc . I have a draeger sales pamphlet  showing this dive suit and prices for spare parts .

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg