News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Alexander Gregoriady - Greece

Hello!

I have a document for a commander 2nd grade of the Swedish order of Wasa awarded to "chefen för det grekiska protokollet" Alexander Gregoriady on july 15 1902.

His title would translate roughly to "head of the greece protocol" and I have no idea what that means. Could it be parliament or senate or something?

Does anyone know something about Alexander Gregoriady? Or even have a picture of him?
    I suppose he got more orders than just the Swedish Wasa order. 

Edited by JohanH

Chiefs of protocol generally work out of a nation's foreign ministry.  For a Finnish example see  https://fi.linkedin.com/in/matti-heimonen-6705082.  Usually very senior diplomats, they oversee ceremonial occasion details such as the proper order of receiving lines, seating placements, the formalities of joint press conferences, the proper titles of foreign dignitaries, ensuring that those dignitaries' names are spelled correctly and supplying interpreters.   They foster understanding between peoples and governments.   As such they often receive awards in the course of international diplomatic and head of state exchanges.

Try the Greek Foreign Ministry website for Gregoriady leads.   

Edited by 922F
    spelchek

Thank you 922F for your great reply!

My knowledge about the different positions in the foreign office with all it´s titles is close to non existing. 

I shall email the foreign ministry in Greece and hear if they have any information on my guy. 

I`ll keep you informed with what I find out. 

Thanks again!