Sign in to follow this  
nickstrenk

Unknown Danish Medal

Dear experts on Danish Phaleristic,give me as more information as possible about this medal:period of awarding,price,material...etc.Many thanks.

d1.jpg

d2.jpg

Hi Nick,

Here some information on the Danish medal:This medal is established by King Frederik VIII and awarded in commemoration of the 250th anniversary of the Royal Danish Life Guards Association's establishment in 1658 by King Frederik III, and is an infantry regiment of the Danish army. The ribbon should be white with blue edges. 

As for prices, I have seen them go between 5 euro(no ribbon) till 30 euro(with ribbon and issue box). I have no information on numbers issued, unfortunately.

Cheers

Cyril

Edited by Sampo
addition

Many thanks,that means the medal is with the bad ribbon and is more than 100 years old?

I hope, somebody will prompt a price,too.

Yep established 1908 by my favourite Danish king who died under most interesting circumstances.

Paul

Yes, not an official medal, but awarded by the veteran's association (Life Guards), and thus the numbers awarded are not known.

Someone put it on a Swedish ribbon (oh, the horror... 😁 )

Here is one on the correct ribbon and with the box (it is not mine):

Livgarden 2.jpg