News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

EK2 to be on the black-white ribbon.

Yes, but the regulations between the states were not always clear.

I have a few bars with NC and combatant decorations especially with Oldenburg FAK. (most of them were sitting in X. Armeekorps)

My special guy is Golaszewski of the 1929 list, or have a look of the Wuerttemberg guys in the

Kriegsministerium. Nearly all of them got the WK X - but they never saw any bullet - or Kurt Eckelbergs bar

(Freiwillige Krankenpflege) - he got the kuk Ehrenzeichen vom Roten Kreuz II. with war decoration for

sitting in Berlin and other cases.

Marine does not sound bad - i also know a nearly similar bar of a Verwaltungsbeamter in a POW camp.

(may be thats the reason, why he got NC - combatant decorations)

What do you think about my shown bar in the Brunswick thread?

PS: My guy seems to be no Anhaltiner. He also wears LSM XII (prussia - may be born in Anhalt and serving in a prussian unit)

Edited by ixhs

If its an EK2 on the black-white ribbon and an AKw on the green-white ribbon, there are dozens of possibilities. As I mentioned above, Bezirksfeldwebel types and people at the stellv. Generalkommandos. NCOs at POW camps, as you mentioned, and at reserve Lazarette. Many of these got the EK2 rather than the EK2w if they had spent any time at the front or in the rear areas of the operational area, although in many of these cases, once they documented service at the front, they also got their AKw upgraded to an AK on the green-red ribbon.

Most of the Vorschläge for the AKw are lost, and among the files that remain, there are few details, unlike the AK-Vorschläge from various front units and commands. Many non-Anhaltiners, especially among the IV.Korps personnel in Magdeburg. Many higher IV.AK personnel who received Anhalt decorations also received awards from Braunschweig and/or Sachsen-Altenburg, since parts of those states were also in the Korpsbezirk. Hamburg, though, points more toward someone with a navy connection or a native of the city-state.

On 07/10/2019 at 17:51, FAR 32 said:

Wow... a wizard.  I've never really met a wizard before.

Here's a little insight on why I recently joined this forum.  For many years, I've used Google to look for answers to questions I've had about various items in my collection.  Almost every time, links to threads in this forum appeared at the top of my search-results.  

The threads not only provided answers, they provided an explanation about the methodology and reference material utilized in arriving at those answers, particularly when other members expressed an interest in learning. 

One member's name stands out in my mind as somebody who not only came-up with the answers to difficult questions, but also made it a point to explain the process by which he arrived at those answers... Rick Researcher.  His posts are highly educational for those desiring to learn and become self-reliant doing their own research.   

Back to the subject of this thread.  We have a member who posted his medal bar and gave an impressive "good-old college try" to come-up with a name, even purchasing a book in the process.  Some people here are content being spoon-fed quick answers... in this case, the name of the bar's owner.  But it seems that Mr. Beery - admirably - also wants to learn about the process by which the name was discovered, presumably to help him understand how to approach similar research in the future.

So, what kind of useful answer is he given?  "We are wizards."  Frankly, I don't recall this fellow Rick ever giving a self-adulatory response like "We are wizards" when somebody expressed a desire to learn.  Oh well... you know what they say:  A good magician never reveals his secrets.  

Sorry Far 32 (do you have an actual name?), but your comment is completely unwarranted and misguided. If you had studied the forum as closely as you say you have, you would have noticed that Daniel is one of the people that make this forum what it is, freely sharing his knowledge with other members, in the spirit of Rick Research (not Researcher as you call him), and that the comment you seize on here was made in jest (as Daniel himself has subsequently pointed out). 

Read, study, learn and contribute where you can but don't make unwarranted personal attack on those who in fact have made and still make this forum what it is today.

Kind regards, 

Sandro

Edited by GdC26

5 hours ago, FAR 32 said:

@laurentius and @GdC26

Since both of you hail from Europe, I have a sneaking suspicion that you may have limited language skills in English. No reasonable English-speaking person would characterize my remarks as an "unwarranted personal attack" and even to marginally suggest such a thing is absurd.

Had you fully read and fully comprehended my post, you would know that I was particularly struck by Member Beery's request for Mr. Krause to provide him with a morsel of insight into how he arrived at the answer to his question.  Mr. Beery even purchased a book and tried to undertake research on his own before posting a photo of his medal bar. 

I greatly admire that kind of initiative.  Apparently, you guys don't.       

I teach commercial law 3 nights a week to continuing-education graduate students and I constantly reference case-law, or "precedent" as it is more commonly known.  (Case law is simply the collection of past legal decisions written by courts in the course of deciding cases.)  

I try to teach my students how to analyze the law using these cases to resolve ambiguities and fill gaps to set rules for deciding cases.  Imagine if one of my students asked, "How did you arrive at that conclusion?" and I were to respond, "Well, I'm a wizard... that's how."  Not very useful information for people wanting to learn... is it?                 

May I strongly suggest using an online translator like google so you can fully grasp the gist of my remarks.  Please also refrain from rebuking or chastising me in the future, since neither of you appear to have any standing or authority to do so.   

Double post deleted - please read on below.

Edited by GdC26

3 hours ago, FAR 32 said:

@laurentius and @GdC26

Since both of you hail from Europe, I have a sneaking suspicion that you may have limited language skills in English. No reasonable English-speaking person would characterize my remarks as an "unwarranted personal attack" and even to marginally suggest such a thing is absurd.

Had you fully read and fully comprehended my post, you would know that I was particularly struck by Member Beery's request for Mr. Krause to provide him with a morsel of insight into how he arrived at the answer to his question.  Mr. Beery even purchased a book and tried to undertake research on his own before posting a photo of his medal bar. 

I greatly admire that kind of initiative.  Apparently, you guys don't.       

I teach commercial law 3 nights a week to continuing-education graduate students and I constantly reference case-law, or "precedent" as it is more commonly known.  (Case law is simply the collection of past legal decisions written by courts in the course of deciding cases.)  

I try to teach my students how to analyze the law using these cases to resolve ambiguities and fill gaps to set rules for deciding cases.  Imagine if one of my students asked, "How did you arrive at that conclusion?" and I were to respond, "Well, I'm a wizard... that's how."  Not very useful information for people wanting to learn... is it?                 

May I strongly suggest using an online translator like google so you can fully grasp the gist of my remarks.  Please also refrain from rebuking or chastising me in the future, since neither of you appear to have any standing or authority to do so.   

Dear Noname,

My command of the English language is just fine, thank you, as is my understanding of what you wrote. Your comments in the now two posts I'm reacting to, on the other hand, are highhanded if not outright arrogant: it is clear you mistook a comment made by Daniel in jest for arrogance on his part (something he has since explained to you), and judged him without knowing anything about him, just as you judge Laurentius and myself, not on the basis of facts, but on the basis of assumptions, prejudices and conjecture (not to put too fine a point on it, but if you look at a map you will see that the UK happens to be in Europe, and it sort of is the birthplace of the English language ..... you just borrowed it). 

You say you teach law, something I know a little bit about: I hope you teach your law students, too, to base themselves on fact and avoid conjecture when addressing legal issues. 

As to the forum, it is a forum of peers, and members can critisize other members for what they consider rude behaviour. Heck, coming to think of it, that is just what you did with Daniel - and what would give you the standing to do so, one wonders?

As you are a member, may I suggest you start contributing some of your no doubt vast knowledge and insights, rather than critisizing others who do?

Kind regards, 

Sandro

PS: a dear friend of mine, also a valued member of this culturally diverse forum, read our exchanges and told me to tell you that the book depicted is always in the inner pocket of my jacket, protecting and warming my heart, a comment I repeat here in jest*

*legal disclaimer added, just to limit the scope for uncertainty or misunderstanding on the part of the learned member who, sadly, is only known to us as FAR32.

be72e416-c2fc-4b58-8fab-2da1ec77a8f5.jpg

Edited by GdC26

First of all I would like to apologize to mister Beery for hijacking his topic.

I fully agree with Sandro here, a certain arrogance, which has no place in this forum meant for learning. The fact that FAR32 even dared to doubt our English skills is most insulting. It is indeed this arrogance which is unnecessary, but nevertheless present. When several members of this forum (myself included) where discussing in another thread the Bavarian ribbonbar owned by @Nicolas7507 he claimed high and mighty that there was no such thing as a wreath for a Crown Order 3rd class. When we asked you to eloborate you told us this was told to you by a famous Austrian collector, who apparently has a lacking knowledge when it comes to German ribbonbars because Nicolas and I were quick to prove you wrong with facts, with pictures, of actual ribbonbars with proper wreaths for the Crown Order 3rd class. It was only after this moment that you were willing to concede that the only source you used might have been wrong, and that we might have been right. This is not the way in which collectors help and teach others.

I have a sincere hope, that in future, we will be able to discuss and talk in a proper manner once more, about German orders and decorations.

Kind regards, Laurentius

• 1 month later...
    • 1 year later...
    On 06/10/2019 at 16:06, Nicolas7507 said:

Very nice and well-made medal bar. 

I have a similiar "Zahlmeister" type of ribbon bar from Anhalt. Any chance for an ID here?

Best regards

Nicolas

IMG_20190305_094820.jpg

IMG_20190305_094836.jpg

I found another possible candidate:

1928 Leutnant des Marineingenieurwesens Ernst Bennewitz EK1, DA, AEZ1 , AK

AEZ1 as Torpedomaschinist, 19.09.1912 , III. Halbflotille

If he got the Centenary, he would be very good candidate, as the back of the ribbon bar looks like Marine to me. 

I would greatly appreciate any further Info about him.

Nicolas

Edited by Nicolas7507