News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Godet’s ribbon bar with lots of miniature devices

15 hours ago, ixhs said:

I have still problems with the quality of the devices. But if you like it - why not.

I don't have any problems with that... considering that the ribbons are 8mm wide (!!!) and the devices extremely small (8mm), it's impossible that they are as accurate as normal and bigger devices put on 15 mm wide ribbons. Of course if you enlarge the very detailed picture I took, it looks as if the devices are crudely made, but taking into account that they are so small, you can't pretend that the level of detail is similar or better than on bigger devices. Furthermore the devices from the 7th to 12th and 14th ribbons are very likely custom made, because they are very rare to be found. The swords devices are WWII (war) time types as this bar was put together after 1940 as the Duke got his KVK2X.

In my collection (I'm collecting since 40 years) I have different types of swords devices... they can vary from very detailled and high quality pre WWI silver devices to more crudely made WWII types.

The most important thing is that I'm happy with this ribbon and that I'm going to keep it anyway.

Best regards,

C

Simius Rex, I have one bar with mini breast star devices and I’m pretty sure it’s authentic. However, they don’t seem to be the quality you show on the trifold ribbon. I’m no expert on these mini devices and this is my only bar with these higher orders.

Ill look for better pics

D03851CB-137F-478E-9D4A-609ED8C1BEB8.thumb.jpeg.12d2fe092cd643135f73fd41affe38ef.jpeg

Edited by ccj

On 05/12/2019 at 11:34, Claudio said:

On 05/12/2019 at 11:34, Claudio said:

9F68971E-2BCE-448D-A47B-02A6E0FAF878.jpeg

Here is the GFM Milch's ribbon bar to compare, especially the enemaled white eagle device on the Olympia-Ehrenzeichen ribbon... mind you that the ribbons on Duke Carl Eduard's are smaller than the ones on GFM's Milch ribbon bar.

2041693224_GeneralfeldmarshallErhardMilch1.jpg.010ff295a6ac47d31d8abb0467fcc194.jpg

3 hours ago, Simius Rex said:

I think you have a point there.  The Olympia eagle is identical to Milch's Olympia eagle.  Actually I think your eagle is in better shape because Milch's eagle's beak is chipped off. 

You know... I think sometimes when too much lighting is used to photograph these old items, it might make them look a little too "new" and a little bit "cheap".  That could be what happened here with your pics of the bar.  Simi    

Comparison.jpg

Thank you Simi, for the better comparing pictures and your comment... ;)