News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

The Sea Gallantry Medal for Foreign Services

Dear Gentlemen,

I have The Sea Gallantry Medal for Foreign Services that was aweded to a swede, Peter Nilsson 1877.

Where can I reserach and obtain information about him and why he received the medal?

Thank you!

Brittiska.png

Brittiska1.png

I like groups to old merchant Salts he must have been over 60 when he teceived his great war mercantile marine and late teens /early 20s when he got the sea gallantry. He would have been able to spin many a good yarn in the port bars. 40+ years service amazing.

Paul

Hi,

Thank you for the information, unfortunately the other medals are not awarded to the same person.  So there is not any chance to find this information online?

The mercantile medal was awarded to another swede, but the China and Boear war medal where awarded to britons.

/R

Edited by maxblue

What a shame  merchanr groups can sometime entail 50+ years service from early teens to sometimes late 60s early 70s,  ships cooks were noted for their  longevity (unlike those who patook of their food) when they became unfit for further service

Do you have details of the other medals. I am in hospital at present but I may have access to the book in the next couple of months.

Paul

Sorry to hear that you are in hospital, I hope you get well soon. I am greatfull for all information that I can get on the medals.

This is what it says on the rims of the medals, from left to right:

3716 pte H.Randall E.surrey Regt

H.J. Mustoe gunr R.M.A H.M.S Barfleur

Albert Forsberg