News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Interesting British Ribbon Bar - Help Needed

I have an interesting ribbon bar which looks like a unique one. It is on a Royal Engineers colonel No1 dress uniform.

Unfortunately there is no info about the original owner. I tried to serch for the name, but I had no success yet.

It looks like the officer had an army career during WW2 (later reserve officer) and then probably a civilian one. As he was awarded the Knight's Bachelor badge and a civilian CBE and Order of St. John. The Legion of Merit can also be helpful.

Have you got any idea where to start?

Thanks,

Balazs

engineer.jpg

52 minutes ago, Mike McLellan said:

Wow! That was fast! What were the ribbons that sealed your search? The orders? At any rate, nice job  

I had a great luck, a fellow forum member had all the relevant informations (medals and dates) about the original owner. This civilian and military medal combination is a unique one.

I have also tried to search for the name. I have found him also, but I had other names too. I tried to collect from the London Gazette all those Royal Engineers officers who was awarded the Officer grade of Legion of Merit. I had 44 names. I planned the next step to check all those who were knighted.

I have received the owners name between the 1st and 2nd step.