News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Albanian insignia September 1943-November 1944?

During late 1943 to November 1944 Albania was technically neutral but its small army did fight the partisans.

Italian uniforms,equipment and helmets worn plus pre 1939 Albanian rank insignia.

Branch of service collar patch colours ?

Pre 1939 Albanian colours used ?

Green for infantry?

wp_ss_20191113_0002 (2).png

wp_ss_20191113_0003 (2).png

The pre war arm of service colours were  scarlet for generals and staff , crimson for royal guard, green for infantry, dark blue for artillery and violet for engineers.

Officers had dark green cap bands on the peaked caps and dark blue upper parts of tunic collars.

The collar patches in the first 2 photos look quite pale, perhaps a lighter green shade.

The seated officer in the last photo in pale grey uniform has collar patches of a similar shade to the cap band, also some of the soldiers have similar darker patches. I think these could be green.

I would have assumed the pre war arm of service colours were used , but the new /neutral government may have used new colours.

Edited by puma77
    Missed out something.