News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Here are a bunch of badges that I saw whilst at a local flea market today.

I could kick myself for not taking one specific one. Would be interesting to see if the gents here can spot which.. I was lucky enough to come away with some good finds though. I don't really collect the British badges but there were two WW1 Royal Flying Core cap badges in this lot. A bit too expensive for my tastes though so I left them.

The second picture shows the badges I did end up buying. Five collar badges, a WW2 Dukes shoulder title and three sets of British WW2 cloth rank insignia. 

If anyone sees badges in the first lot that they think I should add to my collection, please let me know. The prices varied quite a bit but perhaps I can make a bulk offer.

New Badges.jpg

New Badges2.jpg

New Badges3.jpg

New Badges4.jpg

Edited by Chrisvo

Did determine most of the collar badges. 

The top one is a white metal First City Volunteers collar badge worn prior to 1902, number 84 in Owens. 

The next two badges seem to be collar badges from the Irish Leinster Regiment. 

The castle and key is for the Suffolk Regiment and the last collar badge belongs to the Royal Warwickshire Regiment.

Any other info on the chevrons would be appreciated. 

• 1 month later...

Found some more interesting badges over the festive season.

1495140853_MoreBadges.jpg.1a44f46eadf4f71ae3039a3cfa4a682d.jpg

Some good finds include the Northern Rifles collar badge and a Western Province Mounted Rifles shoulder title.

1598420643_NorthernRiflesCollarBadge.thumb.jpg.163b7790a4d8d644f5d2a8d56303f18c.jpg

A world war one Imperial service and a South African Motorcycle Corps shoulder title.

2010873471_WW1ImperialServiceBadge.jpg.17152b3ec72d241fdfb9dff36354cd0c.jpg686917977_WW1SouthAfricanMotorcycleCorpsShoulderTitle.jpg.6f747aba26db74fd35cecfbad27ce299.jpg

A 1st South African Mounted Rifles shoulder title.

132837468_1stSouthAfricanMountedRifles1922-1923ShoulderTitle.thumb.jpg.f14b8f874a1b15f571908760fdc0fc45.jpg

Also found an interesting cut out version of the early South African Railroad cap badge. Comes with two lugs on the back, could be silver. 

1200647186_SouthAfricanRailroadBadge.thumb.jpg.fe9c38f7ea017f1d49b17952d20c73bb.jpg

As always, any other information or interesting facts about these badges would be kindly appreciated.