News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

WW2 Greek National Resistance Medal & badge

Here are two different versions of the medal and a numbered badge. As far as I am aware the first version of the medal has a "dot" in the letter theta on the reverse, whilst the second has a "dash". The badge has a similar design to the medal,although the image and lettering are both on the front of the badge. A slight difference you can see is that although the medal has the years 1941-1945 the badge is dated 1941-1944.As it is also numbered on the back I wondered If any one has any information they could share on it's origin/awarding etc please?

I realise there are also different manufacturers of the medal with slight differences in the flag for example, if anyone has any of these, please add them to the thread.

Greece-The Medal of National Resistance 1941-45 & Badge-O.JPG

InkedGreece-The Medal of National Resistance 1941-45 & Badge-R_LI3.jpg

Greece-The Medal of National Resistance 1941-45 & Badge-O2.jpg

InkedGreece-The Medal of National Resistance 1941-45 & Badge-R2_LI.jpg

Greece-The Medal of National Resistance 1941-45-O.JPG

Greece-The Medal of National Resistance 1941-45-R.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dave,

the first medal is the one instituted in 1948 and awarded well into the 1960s. Four different variations are known to exist.

The second one is the 1982 version, mainly awarded to the members of EAM/ELAS.

Regards,

Giorgos

• 1 month later...