News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Ribbon bar ID of Vizeadmiral Leopold Bürkner

Hello, I would appreciate if anyone could help me identify the awards from the ribbon bar of Leopold Bürkner.

My ID of the ribbons so far:

First row:

- Eisernes Kreuz (1914) 2. Klasse (hidden)

- Kriegsverdienstkreuz (1939) 2. Klasse mit Schwertern (most likely)

- Herzoglich Anhaltisches Friedrich-Kreuz 

- Ehrenkreuz für Frontkämpfer

- Wehrmacht Dienstauszeichnung 1. Klasse

- Wehrmacht Dienstauszeichnung 3. Klasse

- Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. Oktober 1938 mit Spange "Prager Burg"

- Medaille zur Erinnerung an die Heimkehr des Memellandes

- Slowakisches Kriegsiegerkreuz (I was told it may be the 3. Klasse, is that correct?)

Second row:

- Königlich Bulgarischen Militär-Verdienstorden (could the class be Kommandeurkreuz?)

- Offizierskreuz des Königlichen Ordens der Krone von Italien (awarded to Bürkner on 02 August 1935)

- Offizierskreuz des Königlich Spanisch-Marrokanischen Mehdauia-Ordens (or is it also a Kommandeurkreuz?)

- Medalla de la Campaña Española (1936–1939) ??? (Bürkner took part in the Spanish Civil War and was also awarded the Spanienkreuz in Silber mit Schwertern)

- Königlich Spanischer Militär-Verdienstorden mit Rot Verliehen OR Erinnerungsmedaille für die Verteidigung der Slowakei (based on the fact the last ribbon in the first row is the Slowakisches Kriegsiegerkreuz) OR perhaps neither but something else ???

- ???

- Kommandeurkreuz des Königlich Ungarischen Verdienstordens ??? (awarded to Bürkner on 10 August 1938)

- ??? (black ribbon?)

- Königlich Spanischer Orden für Verdienste zur See mit Weiß Verliehen ???

Please share your opinions regarding the questions bolded in black in brackets and also where 3 "?" appear.

Thanks

Who31.jpg

Bulgarian ribbon ''wings' may be different colors so Grand Officer?  Before Hungarian, pale color with narrow dark side stripes maybe Swede Sword or Latvian 3 Stars....  Black may be Swede Pole Star or Johanniterorden?  If next one is blue color Yugoslav Crown?  

6 hours ago, 922F said:

Bulgarian ribbon ''wings' may be different colors so Grand Officer?  Before Hungarian, pale color with narrow dark side stripes maybe Swede Sword or Latvian 3 Stars....  Black may be Swede Pole Star or Johanniterorden?  If next one is blue color Yugoslav Crown?  

Thank you. Do you agree that the other ribbons are as I wrote above? Slowakisches Kriegsiegerkreuz (can you guess the class?), Medalla de la Campaña Española (1936–1939), Erinnerungsmedaille für die Verteidigung der Slowakei?

I do not know enough about  Slovak ribbon devices to hazard a guess.  Have seen applied eagle badges in silver, gilt and gilt w/enamel however.   Sometimes it seems that awards from one country are mounted together rather than in rank order.  Probably Spanish Campaign ID is correct.  

The last sentence of my post above should read If next one is blue color MAYBE Yugoslav Crown

I can confirm that Leopold Bürkner was awarded with the Swedish order of the sword 1st class knight (RSO1kl) 30/4 1936. 

I will see if I can find him in the awardrolls over the order of the north star (pole star). 

Leopold.JPG

Edited by JohanH

Thank you very much guys for the help!

You are correct Daniel, he was awarded the Commander's Cross of the Order of the Star of Romania with Swords on Bravery Band of Military Virtue on 7 November 1941. 

He didn't mount this award on the ribbon bar. Also, his Finnish Order of the Cross of Liberty 1st Class with Swords (10 December 1941) is also missing from the ribbon bar.