News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Gentlemen,

I'd be interested in comments on the illustrated breast star. My expertise with such things is long outdated, although I don't ever recall seeing a maker's mark like this. The star weighs 78.1 grams.

This came to me along a tortured path.  My investment in it is only some time, so I have no real expectations.

img575.jpg

img576.jpg

img577.jpg

img578.jpg

Dear JBFloyd,

it's a theatrical production from the post-ww1 era if I'm not mistaken, although Sascha Wöschler has more knowledge about these. The swords, both regular and crossed 'am Ring' are a new one for me though.

Kind regards, Laurentius

Quality seems quite good for a theatrical piece, perhaps a funeral pillow item? I have a Black Eagle star from Meybauer that looks a lot like a von Malplaquet Freikorps star which I believe to be from the 1920's. Quality is decidedly poorer than these RAO's.

I find it interesting that the first one shown (Started the thread)  (JBFloyd) seems to have a Brandenburg eagle appearance. This is not seen on other examples of the RAO.  At least in my experience.  The stamping J.Godet looks a bit strange in my humble opinion as well.

Best Regards and Merry Christmas chaps.

JustinG

• 2 weeks later...

I did a bit of research and there are two different designs for the RAO.  However, I am stuck trying to figure out when the change occurred for the eagle design.  Can anyone help me?

Best Regards,

JustinG

• 3 weeks later...