Gentlemen,

I'd be interested in comments on the illustrated breast star. My expertise with such things is long outdated, although I don't ever recall seeing a maker's mark like this. The star weighs 78.1 grams.

This came to me along a tortured path.  My investment in it is only some time, so I have no real expectations.

img575.jpg

img576.jpg

img577.jpg

img578.jpg

Dear JBFloyd,

it's a theatrical production from the post-ww1 era if I'm not mistaken, although Sascha Wöschler has more knowledge about these. The swords, both regular and crossed 'am Ring' are a new one for me though.

Kind regards, Laurentius

Laurentius,

Thanks for the information.  That goes along with the rest of the history of this breast star.

Dear JBFloyd,

here is another one, the eagle is a bit different, but the elements seem to be quite the same.

Kind regards, Laurentius

post-160-1144456132.jpg

post-160-1144456506 (1).jpg

post-160-1144456004.jpg

post-160-1144456074.jpg

post-160-1144456292.jpg

Quality seems quite good for a theatrical piece, perhaps a funeral pillow item? I have a Black Eagle star from Meybauer that looks a lot like a von Malplaquet Freikorps star which I believe to be from the 1920's. Quality is decidedly poorer than these RAO's.

I find it interesting that the first one shown (Started the thread)  (JBFloyd) seems to have a Brandenburg eagle appearance. This is not seen on other examples of the RAO.  At least in my experience.  The stamping J.Godet looks a bit strange in my humble opinion as well.

Best Regards and Merry Christmas chaps.

JustinG

I did a bit of research and there are two different designs for the RAO.  However, I am stuck trying to figure out when the change occurred for the eagle design.  Can anyone help me?

Best Regards,

JustinG