Interesting use of a badge....

Hello , the man wears leggings, and on his collar the grey lace of NCO lined in white and the Bavarian borte. although his shoulder board is not clearly visible perhaps he was a Unterarzt

entitled to carry the metallic aesculapius staff on the SBs

5 hours ago, Bayern said:

Hello , the man wears leggings, and on his collar the grey lace of NCO lined in white and the Bavarian borte. although his shoulder board is not clearly visible perhaps he was a Unterarzt

entitled to carry the metallic aesculapius staff on the SBs

Hi,

he was a Sanitäts Unteroffizier in the 25th b.I.R. , I think he probably thought it looked cool, or there were no cloth badges availible.

Best

Chris

13 hours ago, Claudius said:

Very nice.  Can we get a clear close-up of the badge?

Although the badge is very unique, I was noticing the watch!  I wonder what model it is?

Hello ,probably the watch is into a leather bracelet with a clamshell type cover to protect it . 

I suggested that the man on the first pic was a Unterarzt, that its a advanced Medicine student serving as Doctor in the Front Lazaretten, Unterarzte were not NCOs or paramedics. were doctors not yet graduated.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

To my knowledge, you had (in times of war) 16 strecherbearer-carrier privates and one Uffz. per infantry-regiment. They wore the uniform of the regiment plus the Äskulabstab. I can´t make out a number on the shoulders. So it should be Garde, but the Kragenlitzen are missing. Help me out, guys.

GreyC

Edited by GreyC

Hello!

That´s right. But what about NCO schools?

They had blank shoulder straps with brandneburg cuffs. But I´m not sure, if they had their own medical staff.

We have to know, where the photo was taken, please.

Krankenwärter also had blank shoulder straps with brandenburg cuffs: (Guard NO Litzen!)

But they had a strap at the cap.

159.JPG

Edited by The Prussian

Hallo, the man's name was Emil Schleicher, born 24.1.1899, sorry but the picture in Uniform is not dated. It was taken by Jean van Daalen, Schwäbisch-Gmünd. There is definitely no number on the shoulder. I add more pictures.

Cheers! 

15 minutes ago, The Prussian said:

But that means, he was no Krankenwärter in the Garde-Corps.

Why not,

could have been visiting?

There was an Emil Schleicher of Gmünd severly wounded (reported 31.10.1916 in the loss list). He was witz REIR 4 and a Leutnant der Landwehr. So if the guy´s  photo was really taken late in the war it´s not him but someone by the same name and of the same place.

GreyC

17 minutes ago, The Prussian said:

Hello!

You mean "Gmünd". It was called Schwäbisch-Gmünd since 1934.

Van Daalen worked in Gmünd from July 1, 1897 until 1920. That doesn´t help...

But that means, he was no Krankenwärter in the Garde-Corps.

Yep exactly Gmünd - called its later name to make sure nobody confused it with some other Gmünd (there are some...) - it seems he lived / went to school there.

Here is all I can do regarding pictures.

Cheers!

DSC01510.JPG

DSC01511.JPG

DSC01512.JPG

That´s strange. The casualty list says: Res.Inf.Rgt.4. But that didn´t exist.

GreyC corrected it in REIR4 (Reserve-Ersatz-Infanterie-Regiment 4). But this one came from X.Army Corps (Hannover).

But I don´t believe in the Lt.d.Ldw. Probably it´s another one.

Nothing makes a sense to me...

Maybe Unteroffizierschule Weissenfels?

Brandenburg cuffs, no pipings, blue, blank shoulder straps.

But that´s just a guess...

26.jpg

Edited by The Prussian