News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Dear gentlemen, I haven't published a new article in a long time. I'm really lazy. . On the night when a typhoon was approaching last year, I took this silver wedding commemorative medal full of unfortunate Prince Saxony-Coburg-Gotha Alfred.What I want to know now is, is my original medal box?As far as the material is concerned, does it look like a fake?As well as some views and wearing of medals. Please say what you think. Thank you

psb.thumb.jpg.c9a09ed9d17f15c6a9a368c88a362064.jpg962626168_psb(1).thumb.jpg.75274af42d04bcf5b0936c0dd1cb64d5.jpg879148928_psb(2).thumb.jpg.c2774377a72d5bfa844a37bf5bebc6ff.jpg1153565497_psb(3).thumb.jpg.5a61b03a049a6b8d2f5b3c5c1146a358.jpg

Allow me to briefly explain why such a medal is called a 'cursed medal'. Prince Alfred became the Duke after inheriting the Duchy of Saxony-Coburg-Gotha. He is the four children of Queen Victoria and the younger brother of King Edward VII of the United Kingdom. On January 23, 1874, he married the daughter of the Russian Tsar, but their marriage life was not happy. He has only one son and four daughters. (I have n’t found a picture of his son yet. If you have any trouble to show me, I think Europeans look similar and ca n’t tell them. For example, I often treat Bavarian regent Luther Pod and Ludwig III are confused ...)January 1899. The duke's only son shot and committed suicide on the day of his parents' silver wedding anniversary, but was unsuccessful. He was sent to a nursing home and died two weeks later (does anyone know how he died? Or did he shoot?) The Duke lost his only son, was particularly sad, and died a year later in 1900. Because of this unknown thing happened. . So call it the "Cursed Medal"

1153565497_psb(3).thumb.jpg.5a61b03a049a6b8d2f5b3c5c1146a358.jpg846004583_psb(5).thumb.jpg.46b9a53256733721b9d75a894c50d619.jpg

I hope someone can read my article, even though it was translated with a translator:speechless:

I am not sure that the box and the medal go together.  The medal doesn't fit as snuggly as I would expect it to, especially were the medal suspension loop and the ribbon loop join. I would hazard a guess and say the box belongs to a different medal.            

Whilst there as a  slight difference between each of the medals your presented I would say that there is nothing wrong with yours and it is in better condition than the other.  Over all a good medal.

I would be very interested in finding out more about this medal as I have a photo of an Austro-Hungarian Oberst wearing this medal and I am wondering why and how.

Regards,

Ian