News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Photos of Crownprince Wilhelm in WW1

Hi! 

I am looking for photos of CP Wilhelm of Germany and Prussia in WW1 doe the purpose of hoping to find images of his Adjutant, Louis v. Müldner. I recently published an article on the v. Müldner family on the german Wikipedia 

https://de.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Müldner_von_Mülnheim_(Adelsgeschlecht)

Thanks for your help in advance!

I used this picture in an article about the exile awards of the Hausorden von Hohenzollern. As I remember, Daniel supposed, it could be Louis Müldner von Mülnheim. Indeed Müldner got an wartime knight with swords and is on my Hausorden exile list for an Komturkreuz. Unfortunately I do not remember, where the picture came from, possibly from Daniel.

HOH komtur X am Ring.jpg

On 14/01/2020 at 22:02, P.F. said:

I think this is Major Louis Alfred Carl Oscar Müldner von Mülnheim's medal bar. This image came from a thread here I believe.

Major Louis Alfred Carl Oscar Müldner von Mülnheim.jpg

I saw this one before. Its not his. He did  not get a chilean award as dat as I know. Also his known prewar medals  are not in it.

On 14/01/2020 at 22:55, Glenn J said:

Hi Komtur,

I actually think that is Müldner behind this guy’s left shoulder. Perhaps Freiherr von Sell.

Regards

Glenn

I totally agree with Glenn. The man we see en face in the photo is not him. 

On 15/01/2020 at 07:47, Glenn J said:

David,

here are a couple I have including a post war image.

Regards

Glenn

Müldner von Mülnheim.jpg

Müldner von Mülnheim Louis.JPG

Great photos Glenn! Could I use the bottom one to illustrate the Wikipedia article on Louis?

On 15/01/2020 at 07:57, Chris Boonzaier said:

There are a number here...

Thanks Chris! The guy with the white moustache who is in some of these photos to the CP left might be a previous Adjutant. I do recognize Louis in another photo, his nose/moustache combination is hard to miss imho . The guy in the 3rd photo from the bottom is not the CP but the CP of Bulgaria, future Boris III. if I am not mistaking.

Edited by David M

• 3 weeks later...

Of course! In GreyC's post, both show another Adj RM Fritz v Zobeltitz

Zoebeltitz.jpg

Zoebeltitz2.jpg

Below is v Zobeltitz again, 2L. 1L shows some resemblance to Mülder v Mülnheim - he wore Garde cuffs often like in the second pic Glenn posted.

Zoebeltitz3.jpg

Edited by freiherr

Whoever he was, same person was just over the König FA III's shoulder. Not to be totally off topic, it's FA III's FlüAdj v Meister third row back and v Eulitz nehind the Kronprinz. You can make out the Sachsen Adj collar tabs.

Sachsen.jpg

Sachsen2.jpg

Edited by freiherr

On 16/01/2020 at 18:54, GreyC said:

Hi,

not sure if of interest and if Müldner is on them. But I do recognize the crownprince ?

GreyC

722455508_xxKronprinzmitStabAufnahmeWocheSeptember1915Kopie.thumb.jpg.3543427c4f66508c4691f76ce13a4891.jpg2022447430_xxKronprinzProtosWagenfuhrerNPG.thumb.jpg.a12b8d64510b72262200e71fb2ea14fb.jpg

Interesting ! the man on the left of the photo wears uniform of the Landwehr Cavalry.

Regarding Chris Boonzaier post third pic from the bottom, It was not Boris of Bulgaria but rather Herzog v Braunschweig visiting Thiacourt near Champagne on 07.07.1915 with IV/IR 368 which was under 25 Erz Brig, 10 Erz Div.

Elwyn

Hi,

thanks to freiherr and Bayern for pointing out particulars in my photos. Much appreciated!

Attached father and son, the latter in Leib-Husaren Uniform. Ready to go away in the Crownprince´s Protos-Automobil.

GreyC

1866575850_KWIIKronprinz_Protoskl.thumb.jpg.7a77a9d382ae8fd0ea1314da2c85470c.jpg

Thanks for share ! the Crown Prince was a enthusiast of Protos cars , manufactured in Berlin ,they were well made and fast cars , by 1911 all the cars owned by William jr were Protos. one Protos participated in the Race New York - Paris of 1908 and nearly won .

• 2 months later...

In the boyscouts series he is in the 3rd and last photo. Unfortunately, in one photo he is only visible by a part of his cap in the one and from the back in the other. But its definetely Louis ?

1 hour ago, GreyC said:

Hi Deruelle,

are they from your collection or the www?

Thanks,

GreY

Hello,

All photos here are from my collection. For some of them it's been 30 years that they are in a box.

1 hour ago, David M said:

In the boyscouts series he is in the 3rd and last photo. Unfortunately, in one photo he is only visible by a part of his cap in the one and from the back in the other. But its definetely Louis ?

Hi David,

I'm glad that you find  Louis here.

Christophe

Hi Christophe,

great collection. I have a few with him on photos as well, but there were many in your presentation I had not seen. I try to specialize on photos that show him with his Protos of which he seems to have been fond. And quite rightly so. A fabulous car.

GreyC

On 08/02/2020 at 01:29, freiherr said:

Whoever he was, same person was just over the König FA III's shoulder. Not to be totally off topic, it's FA III's FlüAdj v Meister third row back and v Eulitz nehind the Kronprinz. You can make out the Sachsen Adj collar tabs.

Sachsen.jpg

Sachsen2.jpg

Could be the CP other aide  Otto v. Müller