News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

New Book - Awards of Lebanon

oamotme

Gentlemen,

My good friend Eli Ghossoub has just published a book on the awards of Lebanon.

It is the first book on the orders, decorations, and medals of the Republic of Lebanon, from the French mandate until the current time, with their related decrees.
    It consists of 384 pages, A4 size with hardcover - it is in English and Arabic and divided in 4 chapters:
    I. The official Levant or French Mandate Orders, Decorations and Medals
    II. Official Orders, Decorations and Medals of Lebanon since Independence
    III. UN Lebanon related official Orders, Decorations and Medals
    IV. Unofficial Lebanon related Orders, Decorations and Medals (Local and International)

For information - Elie's contact details - mobile: 00961-3-655048 (inc. Whatsapp) - Price Euro 85 + shipment (available in France) or $90 + shipment (shipped from Lebanon). It si hoped that a supplier in the USA may soon be confiremed.

Regards,

Owain

BOOK SHAPE.jpg

thumbnail?appId=YMailNorrinLaunch

• 6 months later...

Gentlemen,

My friend Elie's apartment was some 600 meters from yesterday's explosion in Beirut. Whilst his wife and two boys were away he was at home and is lucky to have survived - apartment (and block) severely damaged - most probably beyond repair. He has some 72 stitches in 22 places. The first two hospitals he walked to barefoot were trashed - only after 3kms he got to a hospital where he was attended to. As he said to me today he is grateful to be alive.

Pray for Lebanon.

Owain

The devastation caused by this ghastly explosion is almost beyond belief and is a major blow to an already stricken Lebanon. 

In this context, and in the light of how close he was, we should be thankful for the survival of your friend, a fellow member of our community, despite injury - and what sounds like a harrowing journey to get help - and the loss of his home. How fortunate that his family wasn't with him at the time. 

Let us hope that his recovery in body and mind is a speedy one.

• 1 month later...

Thank you All for your wishes, thank you Owain, I am really lucky thank God. in fact my house is 400 meters, more or less in few meters, away from the blast.
    just remembering the scenario after the explosion is enough for me to live it again. I walked away from my house to the first, second and third hospital bare foot, only wearing socks. they were both destroyed i continued bare foot walking to the third that was also destroyed but the army was helping injured people (by hundreds) so they gave me basic help, until my wife knew were i was (or what was my status) then we went back to my open doors house and open walls & doors office to save what i could from my 35 years of collecting.... then went to the 4th hospital were i had the major stitches 74 in total of them 14 staples in the head alone and that was from 1:00 a.m till 6:00 a.m
    4 weeks after the explosion I removed the stitches and was attending the rubble removing when a wall fell on my ankle and broke it :) yes thank God on everything let us be positive no matter what.
    the picture is of the Explosion and the port taken from the roof of my building where i live in the last floor (4th).

Thank you all and God bless you,

Elie Ghossoub

IMG-20200807-WA0104.jpg