News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Yugoslav Lt.Colonel-General's award group

I've seen someone selling a huge group of medals, orders, plaques and other items which belonged to Lieutenant Colonel-General of the Yugoslav People's Army. The general was born in 1916 in Široki Brijeg and by the end of WW2 he held a rank of Lieutenant Colonel. Unfortunately, the name is kept secret.

I don't know if there's an auction somewhere online. I've seen this wonderful group on facebook and the seller claims he won't separate the group.

There's around fifty pictures so I'll post them all eventually.

First thing I'd like to post is "Partizanska spomenica 1941." (Commemorative Medal of the Partisans of 1941). Amazing complete set with booklet and box.

SPOMENICA.thumb.jpg.f6da46497cdff77672babe74d5254c61.jpg

Edited by BalkanCollector

• Replies 50
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Daffy Duck said:

I will have to raise some questions, as some of the orders are possibly changed, as they don't correspond to the cases or documentation...

What exactly do you think is changed? There are possibly some mistakes but I think the group is alright, although some of the awards might be from another family member. For example Medal of Labour which most likely wasn't awarded to the general. I'll post the picture of it eventually.

Another Order for Bravery but this time Yugoslav made one.

OH2.thumb.jpg.2d72e6908ef1955fda87838d9eec46a8.jpg

At least two orders raise my suspicion.

Firstly, the Order of the People's Army II class, is actually III class and for certain Order for People's Army with silver star. Observe the head of the first person, which is cut, and that's the main evidence of the later model, which should be fine if it's not presented in the old box.

The same stands for the Order of Military Merits I class, which is actually later version with six torches in very old box. 

Edited by Daffy Duck

Thank you very much for pointing this out! 

Here are the ribbon bars. Is there any way that he could have been awarded with some other medals/orders than the ones presented on the ribbon bar? The seller also sells Order for Merits for the People 2nd class, Order for Brotherhood and Unity 2nd class etc., which clearly aren't on the ribbon bar.

Zamjenice-2.thumb.jpg.708c5a5d8776b32bc265a56c9fdc1c30.jpg

Zamjenice-1.thumb.jpg.cf756d5dc100dd7eefbbf828d67344f9.jpg

This is impressive collection, but some of those orders most probably didn't belonged to the same communist general. Some of them do not correspond to the boxes, like BU2. I can assume that most of the orders are genuine, some of them should be checked, like OM1 (as the documentation can't been seen). More orders are offered than that general received according to his ribbon bar. But some even are not offered, as the Partisan star I class.

I even have some doubts about Yugoslav Flag, as that is the last model in old box. I have the same order in that wooden box, which was awarded in 1963, but that was the first model. Appart from not being included in the ribbon bar.