News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

EK-RK...Who's to say?

Guest Darrell

Ralph, you have any more pics? What's the background.

This (as you probably know) is a converted EK2 to RK ....

Sure. I can take some more.

This piece really blows back my hair. Too bad there's no story to go with it...

I did get it from an impeccable source, who also said "who knows..." and paid a price one might suspect for an EK2 and original ribbon... and a couple pieces of authentic SS Bevo weave cufftitle!

The ring is done nicely - pulled into an oval from both ends, instead of squeezed in the middle. Also, the "patina" to the ribbon is such that it seems that it has been through the loop for many years. I'm in the clothing bizz a long time and I know how long it takes to make wrinkles and folds permanent in cellulose-based fabrics. Those silk ties weren't made yesterday either.

So, some hints and clues - a possibility... a buy I feel good about, and welcome in my collection. It's just soooo cooool. biggrin.gif

Edited by Ralph A

Guest Darrell

The cool thing about these ... unlike many RKs .. you KNOW these guys probably seen the combat while the minty RKs sat back at home in the presentation case catjava.gif

• 2 weeks later...
    • 1 year later...

Hi

Here is mine, the ribbon is a replacement but an original. The cross is worn and rusty but I think it?s a good one. Home made suspension ring, ( locks like aluminium ??)??and the ring between it and the cross, seems to be a part of a watch chain.

Kjell

Interesting converted EK2's but with no history that's all they can be, converted EK2's. :(

Dave,

Can't tell from your pictures but is the loop an original?

Rich

Don't know mate, it's an 800 marked bit of silver wire...I've no idea when it was made, looks ok though.

• 7 years later...