News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Some of my wartime Guards Badges

Hello GMIC members,

This is my 1st post in this awesome forum?. I am sharing with you some of my war time guards badges. I will try to post more and more stuff in the next couple of days, weeks, and hopefully years?.

Best regards,
    SovPha

IMG_4841.jpg

IMG_4840.jpg

• 2 months later...

Here is a new addition to my guard's badge collection. A rare classical (rounded), 45x37mm piece.
    The nut includes the following writing:
    1. НКПС "Народный Комиссариат Путей Сообщения" - People's Commissariat of Railways
    2. ШМЗ "Штамповочный Механический Завод" - Stamping Mechanical Plant

IMG_6511.thumb.jpg.358dd23a49ee5b90beff250bb52d9a2f.jpg

IMG_6512.thumb.jpg.4393e9c9bd46c63980be3647aa3fa189.jpg

IMG_6513.thumb.jpg.03f1627fb33de91cbed4a99efb2775a1.jpg

Edited by SovPha

I would like to share this interesting article with you all. 

Original article by Azad Huseynov and Heydar Mirzaev "The Red Army “Guards” badge 1942-1945".
    1583822349_--.thumb.jpg.5f2a2da760d9ff38773d46fb848ef113.jpg

Translation by @meyerse.
    2041506596_Guardsbadgeupdateinenglishedited-Copy.thumb.jpg.dbca57c28904a4a8f71d41d3ec5e6da0.jpg

Edited by SovPha

Just for clarification, this is an extension of the book at www.savashantiques.com and Azad continues to expand the number of badges he has identified (and there is a seemingly unending variation) He has published another article in Saint Petersburg collector that I will also finish converting to English, but remember the source material is all Azad's hard work and the book is a great reference. I want to encourage him to produce an 'update' at some point. 

2 hours ago, meyerse said:

Just for clarification, this is an extension of the book at www.savashantiques.com and Azad continues to expand the number of badges he has identified (and there is a seemingly unending variation) He has published another article in Saint Petersburg collector that I will also finish converting to English, but remember the source material is all Azad's hard work and the book is a great reference. I want to encourage him to produce an 'update' at some point. 

Hi meyerse,
    Thank you very much. I will buy his book next month that's for sure.
    Best regards,
    SovPha

Edited by SovPha