News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Togo - National Order of Merit

bilylev

Best easily available images on-line at http://wawards.org/oldwawards/en/oldwawards/ru/togo.html.   

At one time the President of Togo website contained images of all Togo awards--do not see them there now.  The star of the National Order of Merit design shown there was not exactly as the one above above.   You might contact the National Orders Chancery in Lome via the President's office website.

Grand Cross insignia were on display at the Paris' Museum of the Legion of Honor  --  you could inquire there.   Charles DeGaulle's insignia was displayed at the  Museum of the Order of the Liberation in Paris  {Togo awarded him both the higher rank Order of Mono and National Order of Merit}.  Arthus Bertrand of Paris manufactured the insignia up until at least 1997 and may still make it.

Here is the one from my collection.

I know what member will say, the breast star on my fellow's collection is silvered (but it's patina, it was gilded).

Order of Merit of Togo is not very often seen in its highest grade.

Best regards.

Emmanuel

Togo Ordre of Merit Grand Cross breast star small size file.jpg

Thank you Emmanuel!  As usual, you have the goods!!   

Note that the badge format [first figure below] adapts that of the obsolete French Ordre de l'Économie nationale [second figure below] with differing color enamel, suspension and central medallion.  Candidate for spot the difference thread!

images.jpg

120px-Ordre_de_l'Économie_nationale_(Commandeur).jpg