News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

...and continues...IF there are no further photos, my conclusion is that the headpiece and ferrule cap are either white gold or platinum, silver colored metals, not yellow gold, based on the few color photos above. If you disagree, post a better photo.

• 2 weeks later...

Silver or white gold it is. Although it appears only briefly, this photo clip of Goering meeting Hitler at an airfield in 1940, probably in the fall as the Battle of Britain was beginning, shows the interimstab with white shaft and silver (some white metal, platinum, white gold, etc.) head and tip. It's post July 19, 1940 the date of his promotion and he's wearing a Luftwaffe blue uniform, not his dove gray rig but with the First Pattern (eagle on left collar, batons on the other), Reichsmarschall collar tabs and the shoulder boards. HItler is wearing his 'field uniform'. Good enough for me.

Edited by filfoster

• 1 year later...

Many of his and other notable German officers. Decorations and awards were broken up for there gold,silver or gem value sometime after capture by the Allies.The monies for the value of these were given to the warrelief aid to pay for rebuilding and feeding Germany. I read this in a refrence book on German decorations. Perhaps this was also destroyed for it's monetary value?

• 7 months later...
    On 30/12/2021 at 12:57, Market garden said:

Many of his and other notable German officers. Decorations and awards were broken up for there gold,silver or gem value sometime after capture by the Allies.The monies for the value of these were given to the warrelief aid to pay for rebuilding and feeding Germany. I read this in a refrence book on German decorations. Perhaps this was also destroyed for it's monetary value?

I might depend on who found it. Any GI or military collector who found it and recognized what it was, and it would likely have been found amongst some of his other things to identify it as his, would certainly have preserved it for its historical value intact.  My best guess would still be it's in a private collection somewhere, known only by a few.

• 1 month later...
    On 19/02/2020 at 23:28, filfoster said:

Not a reference or color photo anywhere of Goring's Reichsmarschall interimstab. 

Göring's Interimstab was for sale at Hermann Historica about 2009.

Reichsmarschall Hermann Gцring - Interimsstab _b.jpg

Reichsmarschall Hermann Gцring - Interimsstab.jpg

• 2 months later...