News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Left-side shoulder cord

Pralea

The man portrayed is a Austro Hungarian NCO of a Mounted branch, Cavalry in first place . all Cavalry units weared a cord on the left shoulder the colour of which was usually yellow mixed with black ,except the Hungarian hussars of the Honved whose shoulder cord was red . the mounted artillery weared also  left shoulder cord . the collar patch was in regimental colour for Dragoons , In pairs ,two regiments with the same colour ,diferent metal colour for buttons . they were Black ,Green , Sulphur Yellow ,Golden Yellow, Dark Red, Madder Red ,Scarlet Red and one regiment White , Artillery patch was Scarlet Red , the Hussars used Blue or light Blue patches ,Lancers Madder Red patches and Mounted Rifles Grass green patches .unfortunately the badges on his cavalry field cap are not clearly visible .his rank marked by the two white stars on the collar patch is Korporal Tizedes in Hungarian . Lance Corporal 

The rank looks more like rosettes than stars to m. I suspect he is some sort of  Hungarian Beamte - Oberleutnant/Fohadnagyok equivalent.

Theses rosettes were progressively  introduced from approx. Dec 1909. 

Edited by Ian
    Additional Info

Ian ,after i looked again the photo i must agree with you .the man wears Tisztviseloi rozsacska on the collar , 1909 pattern  regarding the branch of service ,one possibility is Veterinarian ;Allatorvos , another Pharmacist , or Proviant Fohadnagy .