News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Requesting translation assistance please

Brian Wolfe

Hello Everyone,

While going through a drawer of military prints for an article I am working on  I came across this one that I actually forgot I had. I believe it is a commemorative print showing victorious Japanese soldiers beside the Great Wall. On the back is a stamp which I think could have been a mark denoting the piece was authorised by the government, but that is only speculation on my part. On the front and under the picture is an embossed section with a descriptive message. Could someone please translate these two sections for me. It would be most appreciated.

Since "finding" this print I have decided to frame it and hang it on the wall in the collection room, which was my intention several years back when I purchased it.

Thanks for any assistance you can give me.

Regards

Brian

japanese print stamp.JPG

Impressed message on Japanese print.JPG

the actual japanese print.JPG

大阪(?)市爱日国民学校之印=Imprint of the "Love Day School" in Osaka

满洲事变=It was a war of aggression against China deliberately created and launched by Japan in the northeast of China on the night of September 18, 1931, and the beginning of Japanese imperialist invasion of China

Thank you for your help, 1812 Overture. I am guessing that the print is much like the China Incident Medal in that it is a commemorative piece. 

I have framed the print and it now resides in the gallery that is the hallway between my office and the collection room. I've included of a photo.

Again, many thanks for your assistance.

Regards

Brian

Japanese at Great Wall.JPG

Edited by Brian Wolfe
    Spelling correction