News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I am looking for any additional info about Ackermann's awards. He served in Turkey for the majority of WW1, so it would seem he had a number of Ottoman decorations.

This is the list of his awards I managed to find in the 1914, 1918 Rangliste and also the Excel table (seeoffiziere-Gesamtliste) I was given on this forum:

-Ritterkreuz des Königlich Preußischen Hausordens von Hohenzollern mit Schwertern (09. 08. 1916)
    -Königlich Preußischer Kronen-Orden 2. Klasse mit Schwertern (16. 10. 1917)
    -Eisernes Kreuz (1914) 1. Klasse 
    -Eisernes Kreuz (1914) 2. Klasse
    -Königlich Preußische Kaiser Wilhelm-Centenarmedaille 1897 
    -Königlich Preußischer Roter Adler-Orden 4. Klasse
    -Königlich Preußischer Kronen-Orden 3. Klasse
    -Königlich Preußisches Dienstauszeichnungskreuz
    -Ritterkreuz 1. Klasse des Königlich Sächsischen Albrechts-Ordens
    -Kommandeurkreuz des Königlich Griechischen Erlöserordens
    -Kommandeurkreuz des Königlich Italienischen Ordens vom Heiligen Mauritius- und Lazarus
    -Hamburgisches Hanseatenkreuz
    -Großherzoglich Mecklenburg-Schwerinsches Militärverdienstkreuz 2. Klasse

-Kaiserlich Türkischer Medschidié-Orden 4. Klasse
    -Kaiserlich Türkischer Medschidié-Orden 2. Klasse
    -Kaiserlich Türkischer Eiserner Halbmond
    -Kaiserliche Türkische Goldene Liakat-Medaille mit Säbeln

The source for the 4. Klasse of the Medschidié-Orden is the 1914 Rangliste (it's a pre-war award). The Excel table lists the Medschidié-Orden 2. Klasse with the date 14.07.1914 for him. I think this is a mistake because on his photo we can see he is wearing the Breast Star of the Osmanje-Orden above the Eiserner Halbmond. Can anyone confirm this is indeed the Osmanje-Orden and what Class? I think it could be the 2. Klasse. Around the neck it looks like the Kronen-Orden 2. Klasse mit Schwertern.

Also visible is a pretty long ribbon bar. Unfortunately the quality of the photo is not so good. I don't think it's possible to ID the awards on the ribbon bar, but if someone is able to, please do.

If anyone has better photos of his ribbon bar, or perhaps the ribbon bar itself, please post them.

Thanks

49897733_353053642183073_8443444759455858688_n.jpg

50229503_372667476831240_898682302794563584_n - Copy.jpg

Edited by Kriegsmarine Admiral

I could only discern the first four decorations of his ribbonbar, which you have already listed, them being EKII, HoHx, RAO4, KO3 or PDA. I am leaning toward the PDA, because the blue is a bit too dark for the KO and he might already have taken it off his ribbonbar because of the KO2x. Hope this helps.

Kind regards, Laurentius