News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Show the best/most favorite item in your collection

1 hour ago, Destruction said:

Hi Johan,

Can you show the reverse of your Ingria cross? Many thanx in advance!

Hello!

Here are both my crosses of Ingria, I still need the one for enlisted men.
    If anyone should have one for sale, please let me know!

The merit cross is awarded 2 times and the cross for officers around 20 times.
    I don´t know how many that were awarded the enlisted mens cross. 

P1040121.JPG

P1040123.JPG

In my first post in this thread I showed my favourite imperial German piece and also my all time favourite piece which is this finnish cross.

And since Destruction wanted to see the backside I made this post instead of making a new thread in the appropriate forum section. I´m lazy… :)

24 minutes ago, ccj said:

Another favor

Which piece in the collection do you refer to? ??

In all honesty though, every single piece in the picture would make a fine addition to this thread. 

Hi Deruelle,

Thanks for your kind words. I'm not well versed in Imp. minis, but I assume the SH is a Kommendeur mit starrer (rigid) Krone. The size is interesting, it has a diameter of 22,49mm.

The HM is equally fashinating IMO , but I'm not certain whether it's a Grand Cross (-1887) or not. The diameter corresponds pretty close to that date though, 18,84mm :D.

div444.jpg

div446.jpg

The medalbar of Friedrich Metze I like most....of course the ultra rare house order with swords at the ring
    (unofficial awarded, because the house order with swords was not on stock) ?

Lippe-Metze-Schnalle-VS-web.jpg

Lippe-Metze-Foto-Bismarck.jpg

He used to be Director of the Artillerie Werkstatt in Lippsatd (artillery factory).
    Is it 100 % sure, that the merit cross for home merit was only a civil award or was it also awarded for important
    war aid?
    Metze used to fight at the front at least in 1914, before he became director.

I always love these threads, always some very interesting pieces come out. 

I have a couple of personal favorites, not sure which I like more.  Both were the most difficult for me to find, so they hold about equal weight.

Favorite.jpg

• 8 months later...
    On 31/03/2020 at 15:15, Paul C said:

Below is the ribbon bar to Admiral Doctor med. Josef Freymadl. This is the first ribbon bar I ID its owner all by myself. Even Rick L. was not able to do the ID. Although I have sold almost all of my collection I held on to this piece.

Copy of freymadl dn.jpg

Is the 2nd ribbon from the right the Bayerisches König Ludwig-Kreuz?

And was he awarded the Ehrenkreuz des Weltkrieges (2nd ribbon) with Swords or without Swords? Since he got the regular EK2 (and not the one on the white ribbon for non-combatants) he must have received the Ehrenkreuz des Weltkrieges mit Schwertern. But on your ribbon bar there is no Swords device? How is that?

Nice ribbon bar by the way!

28 minutes ago, Kriegsmarine Admiral said:

Is the 2nd ribbon from the right the Bayerisches König Ludwig-Kreuz?

And was he awarded the Ehrenkreuz des Weltkrieges (2nd ribbon) with Swords or without Swords? Since he got the regular EK2 (and not the one on the white ribbon for non-combatants) he must have received the Ehrenkreuz des Weltkrieges mit Schwertern. But on your ribbon bar there is no Swords device? How is that?

Nice ribbon bar by the way!

That is technically not correct. If he was in the military and serving inside Germany, he would not have received a white ribbon cross... He would also have gotten the black ribbon Iron Cross for "Heimatkriegsverdienst" on a black ribbon. And the Ehrenkreuz wothout swords.

All the best

Chris

As some of you know, my main focus is on Imperial Eks and I have been

fortunate enough to find some rare and unusual examples  but my favorite piece

in my collection is my s98/05 sawtooth bayo.  It was given to me on my 16th birthday

by a dear family friend who's husband brought it home on his return from ww1.   It's not

rare or special in any way except for it's sentimental value to me.

Ek1Ek2-Haulb-labeled.jpg

This is so hard for me to decide.  If this thread is limited to Imperial German, then It narrow it down a little.

Though it has little value to the collector community, it is extremely valuable to me:

It would have to be my Great Grandpa’s Grouping.

1) Broke  ‘14 EKII

2)MilitarpaB 

3) Trenchart Bracelet that was used as engagement Ring when he got married in 1917.

4) 1922 Deutchmark/Reichmark the year he immigrated to the US. 

*I have posted before, but I will post again.

Second would be the R109 (Baden RIR 109) Pickelhaube Cover that I collected.

5425B390-1497-4E57-8897-3DBD63128245.jpeg

F3D28235-0ED7-4D3D-A810-CB07934E8EDC.jpeg