Hi all, does anyone recognise the badge that id being worn,, is it even military in nature, thanks for any help

regards

alfred wald copy.JPG

Hello Alex,

My guess is an unofficial veteran's badge for I.R. 126.  Perhaps from a meeting of regimental veterans.  The photo is from the 1930's, so this would make sense.

Best regards,

Most likely a regimental "ehrennadel"...these were prevalent in the 30's for former members who retained an association with former comrades. many of these organizations helped out members during the tough times directly after the war.

some of these ehrennadels are quite valuable in their own right  

Hi, all thanks for the comments, I'll point my search on that direction, regards

Alex

I've been combing through the interwebs for the past few days and hove not been able to find a similar example... So please let us know if you do find it's exact origine  

3 hours ago, OvBacon said:

I've been combing through the interwebs for the past few days and hove not been able to find a similar example... So please let us know if you do find it's exact origine  

Hi, so have I, I've tried searching under every combination so far, Imperial, Prussian, veteran etc etc, I've now started on Weimar period due to the date the photo was taken, still no joy, I'm sure that badge wasn't the only one produced, It'll turn up one day I'm sure normally when you least expect it.

A regimental pin.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Blog Comments

• Thank you for sharing your story, it was most interesting and greatly appreciated, it makes this blog well worth the time to post. Regards Brian  
    • Hello I started collecting when I found my first Mauser cartridges in a field next to my parents' house next to Armentières. I was eight years old.  Then shrapnel, schrapnell balls, darts... That's how I became a historian. When I was 18, we used to walk through the fields with a metal detector to find our happiness. It was my time in the army as a research-writer in a research centre that made me love the orders of chivalry. I've been collecting them for 24 years now. Christophe
    • Thank you for your most interesting comment. The thrill of the chase didn't interest me in the beginning but over time it started to overshadow the act of simply adding yet another medal or group to the collection. Regards Brian  
    • I know the way I got into collecting is like so many other people; through a sibling. I also know that my love of history is barely unique in a place like this. So I know I have a shared background with many people. A less shared area - perhaps - is that I've always loved the thrill of the chase. When I decide I want, say, a 1914 trio with an original bar, to a cavalry unit, the utter thrill of getting out there and, (a) finding groups that fit the criteria and, (b) comparing them re: ranks, uni
    • I don't really drink that much these days, but there is something about a hot cup of Char that can't be beaten when you are cold wet and miserable. Has to be with milk and although I prefer it sweet with a teaspoon of sugar, these day I usually go without. When the mood takes me I will also  drink Earl Grey (with milk of course). But if I am honest my favourite brew is coffee (espresso) can't stand instant coffee, though although I do like Camp coffee which is another British thing from days gon