Order of Netherlands Lion buttonette with ? officer rosette

I have this buttonette of a Order of the Netherlands Lion and it has a red rosette on it which I kinda assume is a French Legion D'Honneur but I'm not sure... so I'm curious if anyone can shed more light on this. 

IMG_0961.jpeg

IMG_0962.jpeg

Hi OvBacon,

Looks like the Belgium order of Leopold , officer to me, which was more common with the Dutch lion order.

Cheers

Sampo

Could be the Belgium order of the Crown, but that depends if the colour is more burgundy rather than Violet.

Cheers

Sampo

The color is definitely redish and not purple but doesn't seem to be red enough for a legion of honor. Again I'll see if I can get a closer shot with more accurate color  

I agree here with Sampo, most likely a buttonhole-miniature for some Belgian official, purchased in The Hague at the Van Wielik store. This colour is not at all correct for the Legion D'Honneur. Although the ribbons for Belgian orders are Purple, they often have a burgundy-red appearance, which is also visible here.